Bertie Girl are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws , including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
Bertie Girl may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
Personal data we collect
When you make a purchase from www.bertiegirl.co.uk we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone and e-mail details
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we may store & use your data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons :
- Internal record keeping
- We may use this information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- We may also from time to time contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party.
Overall cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you taking full advantage of the website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. We cannot therefore guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from bertiegirl.co.uk asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, free of charge.
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
Third party sites
Updates to this policy
If you have any questions please contact us.